Inside the mailbox – YES illegal. There may also be restrictions in your area on placement outside of the box. Please check with your local post office to ensure you are following the correct laws…they will be happy to let you know. Click to see the full answer. So the question is, is it illegal to leave business cards on doors? You are not allowed to put your business card in a mailbox. It’s ok if you put it inside the door space. You might annoy people. Also, can you hang things on the mailboxes? Not only is it illegal, it’s federally illegal. This is considered tampering with a mailbox. If someone catches you anywhere near your mailbox for any reason, you could end up in a federal investigation. You may also ask, where can you leave your business cards? Take a look at 25 local places where you should leave a stack of business cards to grow your business: libraries. Medical advisers. schools. Restaurants Gymnasiums. Apartment rental offices. Community centers. Coffees. Are door hangers considered solicitation? It is legitimate ! The distribution of door signs is not considered a solicitation by law because we do not directly sell a product or service, and we do not engage in conversation with anyone. We don’t knock on the door or ring the doorbell.
Business Card Marketing Tips
1. Ask or pay local restaurants to allow you to display business cards near the cash register.
2. Find local businesses related to your product or service and leave the cards at the counter.
Some creative business card slots:
Below are some quick, ready-made slots for your business cards that can lead to conversion.
Use them to increase your conversion rates, for which the sky is the limit.
What if they tell me to stop applying?
If you are told to stop applying, it is important that you respect the application. This is because the demand is often regulated by law and you could be fined or even arrested if you don’t stop when asked.
In some cases, you can appeal the decision. For example, if you are told to stop applying to a public event, you may be able to speak to the organizers and explain why you should be allowed to continue. In other cases, such as being asked to stop applying to a government building, you may not be able to appeal the decision.
Where to leave your business card
- Get great magnetic business cards and pens with your company information printed on them to leave them. People love to grab «goodies» like magnets and pens.
- Do you have catalogs or printouts? The next time you go to the doctor or the dentist, leave your brochures or catalogs in your pile of magazines. Be sure to attach a business card or have your information printed on the material. If you have multiple stacks of magazines, place one in each.
- Ask or pay local restaurants to allow you to place business cards near the cash register.
- Find local businesses related to your product or service and leave cards at the counter.
- Post some of your business cards on college campus bulletin boards.
- Pay students to distribute your cards on different local campuses.
- Look for other public bulletin boards to post your business cards.
- Put your cards on the doors of local houses, DO NOT put them in anyone’s mailbox!
- Ask a hotel if you can leave your business card in the lobby. Out-of-town guests may need your services!
- Send your business cards along with other direct mail pieces to a specific mailing list.
- Hire a «street team» to distribute your cards, magnets and pens in high traffic areas, such as in a city. (Remember that people love free gifts, if you want to grab people’s attention in a crowded place, you can make a small kit with a business card, a magnet, a flyer and a pen (or a print marketing article)
- Give your cards to family and friends so they can give them away when they need them
- Network with other local business owners and trade business cards
- ) Offer people search fees and give them business cards at You will need to find a referral system or a way to track referrals. You can use your name written on the back of a card or a «coupon code» The «special» the customer would use is assigned to the person giving the card to you. This would mean that if you had 10 people doing it, you would award 10 unique coupon codes.
- Distribute multiple business cards so your recipients can distribute copies as they see fit
- Mail out business cards with promotional codes that customers must bring to get a reduction.
- If you have an area where people line up, like checkouts, leave a pile of your cards where they can reach them. Existing customers are one of the most likely audiences to check out your other services and will be tempted to check out your card.
- If you need to write a note to give to someone, use your business card.
- Ask taxi or uber drivers if you can place a small card holder with your cards in the partition window or somewhere inside the vehicle (you can use suction cups so as not to damage the vehicle). Like the no. For #13, you may need to offer them a special promo code so they get a referral incentive.
- Staple a business card to any invoice or quote you send out.
- If you responded to an online inquiry or provided an online quote to a customer and you have their address, send them a thank you card for their inquiry and add a business card.
- Many neighborhoods have welcome packages/packages to welcome new residents. See if you can include business cards for your service.
- Apartment buildings often give new tenants welcome sheets with a list of recommended amenities. Join this list and print cards to give away.
- Make sure everyone who works for you has standard or custom business cards. Business cards can boost employee morale. Ask these employees to also leave the cards in public.
- Give a business card with each product you send.
- Attend community events, network there and distribute your cards.
- Contact malls and make a deal to leave business cards on car windshields. However, check your city and state laws, in case it is illegal in your area.
- Partner with real estate agents and agencies to pass on your business cards to new buyers. Many agents may even allow you to leave your cards at the counter during their events and open houses.
- Every time you eat out, leave a business card in the payment/receipt wallet with your tip. If you have a pen with your company information on it, leave that too! Servers will continue to use this pen with other clients who may end up writing down your information.
- Leave your cards in cafeterias. Many stores have space for local business cards and newsletters. Ask one of the employees. If they don’t, you can always leave your business card on a table.
- Baths! Yes, the bathrooms. If you are in a hotel, cinema, restaurant or anywhere, you can leave your card in a clean corner of the counter.
- Community centers are a great place to leave cards. Members of the local community who might need your services and prefer to use local businesses will find you there!
- Do you travel daily by train? Be sure to accidentally leave a business card on a train table or in one of the bags on the seat in front of you. Do this every time you go on a trip. People get bored on trips in the rain and they will read everything that is lied to and your card might fall into the eyes of someone who needs your services.
- Bank: This is a great place to drop off your business card, especially if your bank has a separate section for business banking. Leave your card at one of the counters. You can also leave a brochure or card on the table next to the waiting room (where customers wait for a personal banker). As people wait for their transactions to complete or wait for the Personal Banker to complete the previous customer, their card is screaming, «Look at me, I’m providing great service.»
- Depending on the service you offer, you can leave your card on local buses or on buses serving one of the main towns in your area.
- Business Center: There are business centers that provide services to local businesses to help them start a business or expand their business. At the main reception, you can discreetly leave your business card so that anyone passing through the center can see it and pick it up while waiting for confirmation of the appointment. Also leave it on the magazine desk in the waiting room.
Libraries and Bookstores: Access the section of the bookstore or library that represents your company’s products and/or services. Find the books that potential customers would choose to learn more about how to «tinker» with your services, use your products, or make similar products, etc. Slip your business card in the middle of these books! For example: if you are a personal trainer, go to the section that contains all diet and exercise books. Slip your card into any book someone who wants to learn more about «personal training/exercise/nutrition» might choose.